Friday 27 June 2014

What I Wore: Prom Night

lunarlook_missguided_dress_promlunarlook_fcuk_clutch_flower_corsage


Dress - Missguided | Shoes - New Look | Clutch - FCUK

It was my Year 11 leavers prom last night, so I thought I'd share my look for the occasion with you all: 
I'm really not a fan of those bright puffy "princess" dresses that most teenage girls seem to wear on their prom night nowadays, so I decided to keep it nice and simple with an elegant mini dress from Missguided. The lace pattern on the bodice is just beautiful and the backless design gives it  more of a summery feel, despite the fact you're still wearing black. 

I paired the dress with some strappy New Look sandals that aren't so high that you wobble whilst you walk and a cute FCUK clutch (which I actually found in a charity shop - shh), then finished the look off by adding a pop of colour in the form of red lippie. My prom date, Daniel, also bought me the lovely flower corsage you can see in the photos! It even smells amazing.

So although my look is a bit different to everyone else, I still love it! Why spend hundreds of pounds on a massive sparkly dress that you'll only wear once when you can look just as good (or even better) wearing something gorgeous and unique from a high street chain? That's my philosophy on it all.


lunarlook_prom_photobooth

What do you think of my prom look? 
What did you wear to your own prom?

Nina x

Twitter | Instagram | GFCBloglovin' | Lookbook

19 comments:

  1. I'm not even just saying this, you look gorgeous!
    This dress suits your skin tone and look SO much - and your hair is stunning!
    Perfect choice :)

    Kelly from | Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress! My year 11 prom was 5 years ago (woah I feel old) and I unfortunately chose a bright princess dress/.. looking back I'd much had preferred a beautiful, simple dress like this! I love the detail on the back and I what a find that clutch was!!

    You look beautiful and I hope you had a lovely night :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress! I hate the tackiness of prom dresses to be honest! For my year 11 prom I had a black and white leopard print one which was totally different to everyone else's and I loved it! We also had prom at the end of 6th form, and in lower 6th got invited to the uppers prom (three proms - lucky me aha!) and I just wore simple strapless chiffon dresses for them - made me feel like a princess :')

    Thanks for chatting in the social bloggers chat :) xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the lace patterning on the top half of the dress! You look utterly stunning! xx

    Sophie/ www.prettyandpolished.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty, beautiful dress!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tweet! Love these Missguided dresses, this one looks amazing on you.

    Hannah x
    hannahlouisef.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress, and your corsage. I'm a sucker for pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is gorgeous - Love the back, it's so pretty! Hope you had a lovely night :-)
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dress- you look beautiful! I hope you had a lovely time!
    L xo
    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dress and I agree why spent so much money on a dress you only wear once. I also bought a more simple and "cheaper" dress that can be used for other parties as well. I love the lace on your dress and I hope you had fun :)
    Tanja Mortensen

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous and that dress is stunning. I wore a full length simple black dress with silver detailing on the strap for mine
    Beth x
    mermaidindisguise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there :) it's Hayley! We met over on the blogger chat this evening.

    Love your prom look! My prom was five years ago (!!) and everyone wore really poofy over the top dresses. Mine was quite nice although if I could, I'd go back and do it completely differently haha!

    Anyway, Haaappy Summer!
    Hailes<3
    To visit my blog - Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look stunning! Hope you had a fab night too! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did the same for my prom as well, just kept it simple and snapped something up from Debenhams. You look gorgeous and I love the back of your dress. I hope you had a wonderful time at prom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress is stunning! I love how you chose an elegant one, I bet not a lot of people did at your prom, so it makes you stand out! :) And wow what a nice find with that clutch, doesn't like it's from a charity shop at all!

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your dress is incredible, you look beautiful! I was definitely not this fashionable at my prom aha. Such a nice change from the usual style and so elegant!

    Laura xx
    Alter Idem

    ReplyDelete
  18. You looked absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig