Monday 15 September 2014

'Taylor' by Taylor Swift Perfume Review

Taylor by Taylor Swift 30ml Gift Set
After falling head over heels in love with Taylor Swift's debut fragrance, 'Wonderstruck', I've been longing to get my hands on her most recent eponymous fragrance, 'Taylor', ever since I heard of its release over a year ago. Fortunately it was my birthday a few weeks ago, and I was lucky enough to receive not only the perfume bottle, but the entire gift set along with it. 


However, I do have to say I probably won't be making much use of the body lotion due to the high alcohol content and how heavily scented it is - which isn't really the kind of product I fancy moisturising into my skin. Sorry T-Swift!


Moving on to the actual fragrance, the bottle is pretty simple and elegantly embellished with pearls around the neck. It also features a swirly 60's style pattern, giving a pop of colour to what would have otherwise been a relatively dull design. 

Fragrance Notes
Top note: Fresh fruits and flowers, lychee, tangerine with a whisper of magnolia petals.
Middle note: Peonies, hydrangeas and vanilla orchids.
Base note: Creamy sandalwood, apricot nectar, cashmere musk and a blend of woods.

Now, I have to admit than when I first sprayed it onto myself, I really wasn't into the scent. I thought it was so sickly sweet and totally different to the perfume of Taylor's that I previously loved. Nevertheless, after trying it a few more times, it actually started to grow on me and I really like the woody base notes that the fragrance fades into. It's certainly pleasant and wearable if you're looking for a more subtle floral fragrance.

taylor by taylor swift perfume
The only real criticism I have to say is that despite it being an Eau de Parfum, I feel like the scent wears off quite quickly after application. It may simply be the fact that you just can't smell it on yourself, but I still think that it's an important role a perfume needs to play in order to give you confidence from wearing it.

The Verdict
Would I buy this for myself in the future? Unfortunately, probably not. I may have had too high of an expectation, but to me 'Taylor' is really nothing special in comparison to her other releases. It's not that it's a bad perfume, it's just I'm more personally inclined to 'Wonderstruck', which, by the way, will definitely be reappearing at the top of my Christmas wishlist!

Have you tried any Taylor Swift fragrances?

Nina JC xo

8 comments:

  1. I don't buy too many celeb fragrances as they tend to either be overpowering or not very luxe?! I love the bottle though, and taylor swift is one of my fashion icons xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't tend to buy them either, but I once got a Britney Spears fragrance for Christmas and it is so bloody nice! I have a huge collection of perfumes, but Midnight Fantasy is the only one that strangers always seem to compliment me on! It' crazy, because it's so cheap!

      www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any fragrances from Taylor Swift but it looks so pretty in the bottle. It's a shame you didn't like it!
    Elise | She & Bean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried any celeb frags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not tried anything from Taylor Swift - the notes list sounds like it might be something I'd like though! I'll have a browse!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top notes sound lovely though I haven't tried out any of her fragrances yet. I generally don't like body lotions versions of perfumes though as they're all really strong.

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this one better than her other ones because it smells similar to a Burberry one I love! It's a shame you didn't like it though!

    Sam | www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scent of all Taylor Swift perfumes are so sweet and perfect for every women. The notes are also amazing. Thanks for sharing this review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig