Tuesday 27 January 2015

GratiTuesday #4

Aaaand your favourite day of the week is here! This will be the last GratiTuesday post of January, which is pretty exciting as it means that we've already found an entire month of lovely things to be grateful for! The best part about it is that over time it'll just get easier and easier to practise positivity and in the end you'll reach a point where giving thanks to the Universe just becomes a healthy habit. But although the future may be bright, the truth is that the present is EVEN better - so without further ado, here are just a few of the things I'm thankful for right now:

Fresh and crisp sunny days 
I love admiring the beauty of nature and I've been wanting to include some more original images in these weekly posts for a while, which is where the above photo comes in! I took it whilst walking home on a peaceful Friday afternoon and I feel like it really encapsulates one of my favourite words - 'apricity' - which means the warmth of the sun in winter. It's important to take time out to appreciate your surroundings and be conscious of the paths you're taking in life (both literally and metaphorically!) Also, how amazing are those New Look trousers?! Sooo comfy.

Laughing about embarrassing memories
There's nothing better than bursting out into an uncontrollable fit of laughter with your BFF over something that was unbelievably mortifying at the time but utterly hilarious to look back upon. On this occasion, it happened to be about a moment last summer where we both got awfully sunburnt faces after our leavers' beach party and then had to go into an exam the next morning looking like bright red tomatoes. And to top it all off, WE WERE THE ONLY ONES who got burnt. Fate was definitely not on our side that week but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Unexpected compliments from acquaintances
I wouldn't necessarily consider myself as a person who strives to receive compliments, but it's always a pleasant surprise when someone you barely speak to takes the time to comment something nice about you. I think it's a lovely reminder of humanity and goes to show that you never really know what other people's opinions are of you.

Chinese takeaway
It just wouldn't be #GratiTuesday if there wasn't a mention of food anywhere! I am not a person who worries over silly diets or weight loss, which is something that I'm actually thankful for as I have the freedom to eat whatever I want and feel good about whatever the consequence. Too many women have been conditioned to associate food with guilt and I feel like we all need a reminder that food is meant to be enjoyed. Go and treat yourself with that takeaway! Or don't. The important thing is choice and doing what makes YOU happy.

Blog stats
This week was the first time that I checked my stats in ages and I was super excited to find that Lunar Look has already received double last month's page-views and January isn't even over yet! Don't get me wrong, numbers are rarely the be-all and end-all when it comes to writing, but I'd just like to take it as an opportunity to thank all my readers for listening to what I have to share and to embrace the steady growth of my blog.

PS would it be ostentatious to mention the fact that I have won yet another giveaway this week?
Take a moment to mentally list 3 things you're thankful for right NOW!

TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

8 comments:

  1. Love this post, so lovely to be so thankful for the simplest little things.

    Zaineb - Blogging Gals Founder | www.zeenaxena.com ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous post! Chinese takeaways are the best, and massive lols with the bf are amazinggggg, I miss that- literally laughing until you cry and your cheeks hurt hahah! xxx



    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. love gratituesday! we do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an inspiring idea for a post, so many good things! :)
    xo Hannah
    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. It's always important to be grateful of the small things

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  6. now i really want a chinese!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Craving Chinese food right now actually! It's mostly sunny here where I live so it would be nice to feel the cold for a day maybe, haha!
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an awesome idea for a series! We keep a gratitude jar in our house where we just throw in a wee note about the things that have made either or both of us grateful that day...it's really nice to look back at when you are feeling down.
    Also I think "apricity" might be my new favourite word!! xx

    loveandotherawesomestuff.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig