Wednesday 22 April 2015

Festival Survival Kit (ft. Kiehl's X Zara Martin)

kiehl's festival survival kit lunar look
Festival season is nearly upon us, so what better time to start discussing summer skincare? 

As many of you know, I'm super excited to be seeing my favourite country-singer-turned-pop-star Taylor Swift (for the second time, may I add!) as she headlines BST Hyde Park in London this June as part of her exciting 1989 World Tour. It will be my first 'festival' style concert so I'm definitely looking forward to lounging around in the sun and getting to see a whole range of artists perform, instead of just one.
bst hyde park taylor swift
While it will be great to relax and have a bit of a dance party, it's still super important to make sure your skin is looked after - which is essentially why this post was written! I've put together a few of my personal tips to ensure your face is kept flawlessly fresh whatever festival you're attending this summer...

Go light on the make-up
Make-up isn't part of my daily routine anyway, but I certainly wouldn't recommend layering it on for a festival. Heavy products + heat + sweat = a pretty gross combination! I'd stick to a bit of lippie and have a bit of fun with things like glitter rather than slapping on the foundation.

Keep hydrated
Drink lots and lots of water. Not only will it save you from getting dehydrated and worn out but it'll also do wonders to cleanse your skin and flush toxins away.

Wear sunscreen
Do I even need to explain this one? Just do it - trust me. Your skin will thank you later!

Get yourself a mini survival kit
A what?! Find out more below...

kiehl's summer festival survival kit
Kiehl's have created their own festival survival kit (so you don't have to!) and they've kindly gifted me one of my own to keep my skin in tip-top condition at BST Hyde Park. In collaboration with model and DJ Zara Martin, you even get a cute limited edition tote bag to carry your essentials around in, which I will definitely be rocking this summer. 
WHAT'S INSIDE:

Ultra Facial Cleanser - a gentle, yet effective gel formula that dissolves excess oil, dirt and debris without over-drying or stripping.
Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 - an ultra-lightweight formula that employs a unique blend of sunscreen filters to offer full spectrum sun protection against both UVA & UVB rays.
Skin Rescuer - a unique facial solution, formulated with highly efficient ingredients, Mannose and Rosa Gallica, that helps protect the skin against external stresses.
Micro Blur Skin Perfector - a lightweight formula that provides an immediate blurring effect to visibly transform the look of skin in seconds.
Midnight Recovery Concentrate - a powerhouse blend of active botanical and essential oils work with skin overnight for a fresher and more radiant appearance by morning.
Creme de Corps - an all-over body moisturiser containing Beta-Carotene to soothe and hydrate the skin.

...so basically EVERYTHING you need all in one handy kit! Thanks to Kiehl's for making me #skinfluential and hooking me up with this awesome kit. I can't wait to test it out and am super excited for festival season to begin. Hurry up now, please?!

Are you attending any festivals this year? What skincare tips do you have?

2 comments:

  1. Kiel's stuff is soon good, beyond words!
    www.julialundin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw so jealous!! I've followed her since her first album and I love her! Very lucky xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig