Friday 24 April 2015

ICYMI: I'm Miss Teen Bournemouth 2015!

miss teen bournemouth 2015

Hi guys! This is more of a quick update rather than a full-blown announcement, but I thought I might as well make a blog post about it since I've never actually mentioned it here on Lunar Look. As many of you already know, from keeping up to date with me on Twitter, I've made it through to the final of Miss Teen British Isles 2015 and will be representing my home town, hence my sash in the photo above which says 'Miss Teen Bournemouth 2015' - which is all super exciting and I feel strange just casually bringing it up in conversation!

I've spent the majority of my evening tonight practising (aka prancing around to Taylor Swift in front of the mirror in my sparkly dress and heels)so I can't wait to show you guys the official photos from the event when I'm all made up and dressed to the nines. I'd like to keep the details of my outfit a surprise for now, so you'll have to just make do with the no-makeup photo above in which I definitely do not look like a stereotypical beauty queen but #yolo, right?

I have no idea where time has gone but the final is actually this weekend, so by Monday I will be able to let you all know if I've taken home the crown (or not!) haha... this is actually my first 'pageant' (I hate that word so much) so the experience will be completely brand-new to me. I'm the kind of person who's always expressed contempt at the idea of a beauty contest, so I slightly surprised myself when I actually started to look forward to taking part in the final. I'm really not into all the heavy make-up and 'fakeness' but I do genuinely love modelling so I'm trying not to take it all too seriously and will just be having fun and being myself on the night. Whether that is something the judges will like is another matter, but I'm fortunate enough to be someone who is confident about who they are and has never really cared what other people think of me.

I will be writing another post about the whole experience next week so keep your eyes peeled for that if you'd be interested in finding out how it all goes! (Or if you just want a sneak peek of my glam outfit) For now, wish me luck up there on the catwalk... I'll be spreading positive vibes as always!

May the joy be with you...
Nina x

What is your experience with 'pageants' or 'beauty contests'?
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig